When you or a loved one has a severe allergic reaction it can be frightening. Some allergic reactions are merely uncomfortable or inconvenient, while others can be life threatening. This type of reaction is called anaphylaxis and can cause the body to go into shock. Blood pressure drops and swelling occurs, creating difficulty breathing. In some cases this reaction can occur in a matter of a minute or two from the time of exposure to the allergen. So what can you do to help someone going into anaphylaxis?