Orchard Hospital is committed to the health and safety of Butte County residents. As our community continues to make progress in the fight against COVID-19 we’re also dedicated to keeping you up to date with the latest information regarding guidance for face coverings and the vaccine rollout. We continue to stay aligned with the California Department of Public Health. Please see the latest press release below:
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
June 14, 2021
Updated Guidance for the Use of Face Coverings to Take Effect on June 15
BUTTE COUNTY, Calif. – On June 15th, the California Department of Public Health (CDPH) will align with the current CDC face covering guidance. In many settings, wearing a face covering will not be required for people who are fully vaccinated. In addition to the CDC guidance, CDPH has issued additional face covering requirements for use in high-risk settings.
Butte County Public Health will continue to follow all guidelines issued by CDPH including new guidance for face coverings in high-risk situations.
The new guidance states, masks are not required for fully vaccinated individuals, except in the following settings where masks are required for everyone, regardless of vaccination status:
- On public transit and in transportations hubs
- Indoors in K-12 schools, child care and other youth settings. (CDPH anticipates that revised CDC school guidance is forthcoming and plans to align with that)
- In Healthcare settings, including long term care facilities
- In correctional facilities and detention centers
- In homeless shelters, emergency shelters and cooling centers
Masks are required* for unvaccinated individuals in indoor public settings and businesses (examples: retail, restaurants, theaters, family entertainment centers, meetings, state and local government offices serving the public).
- In settings where masks are required for unvaccinated individuals, businesses, venue operators or hosts may choose to:
- Provide information to all patrons, guests and attendees regarding vaccination requirements and allow vaccinated individuals to self-attest that they are in compliance prior to entry.
- Implement vaccine verification to determine whether individuals are required to wear a mask.
- Require all patrons to wear masks.
In workplaces, employers are subject to the Cal/OSHA COVID-19 Emergency Temporary Standards (ETS) or the CalOSHA Aerosol Transmissible Diseases Standard, and should consult those regulations for additional applicable requirements.
Read the full Guidance for the Use of Face Coverings issued by CDPH. https://www.cdph.ca.gov/.../guidance-for-face-coverings.aspx
Learn more at the Butte County Public Health COVID-19 website: www.ButteCounty.net/ph/COVID19.
Orchard Hospital is also offering community vaccination for COVID-19 every Friday at the Medical Specialty Center in Gridley!
Scheduling Moderna in the AM and Johnson & Johnson in the PM. The COVID-19 Vaccine is by appointment only. Please call and leave a message at (530) 797-3595. We will call you back within 24 hours.